Housing co-operatives bring many benefits to their members, including:
- Members/tenants control the overall rents (within their co-op’s financial framework),
- Member participation in helping run and manage the co-op keeps the housing charge lower.
- Members control Value for Money (i.e. the balance between the quality and cost of a service),
- There is no landlord profiting from our members.
- Any surpluses can be used by the co-op to improve the co-op’s housing.
- Still Creek Housing Co-op is a inclusive, diverse, engaged community of neighbours who become friends.
- Housing co-ops build communities where people know and assist each other,
- Members can be involved in the Membership committee to select new members who would be a great fit and bring a positive contribution to our housing co-op.
- Housing co-ops members organize a range of activities to help engage our members.
- Housing co-ops create opportunities for people to develop new skills which are useful in other walks of life,
- Housing co-ops reduce dependency and give people a stake in where they live.
You are not just a tenant.
- Still Creek Housing Co-op is for those who want to be an active part in a positive, engaged, diverse community.